Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Styrian GP: Friday to Sunday
Discussion started by Andrew Hooper , 09 July, 2020 11:09
Styrian GP: Friday to Sunday
Andrew Hooper 09 July, 2020 11:09
Well not the best news but not the worst with Russell having to take a new PU.

Re: Styrian GP: Friday to Sunday
monty3 09 July, 2020 13:41
What a drama this weekend???

Stu69 09 July, 2020 22:17
GR to get some points!

CLOVERLEAF 888 09 July, 2020 23:07
Be interesting to see if we can unlock more performance.

Andrew Hooper 10 July, 2020 07:44
Usual drivers comments in pre race weekend interviews the usual fairly non-committal in regard to the performance of the car and the future developments. One could say that this is typical Williams.

Gwanni 10 July, 2020 08:18
yeah the Pu is an issue of concern/ Mercedes said that they feared double DNF for Bottas and Hamilton so if this is true, it is better to change the PU. An interview from Claire, so was extremely upbeat on the performance of last week. Hope we can translate that into points/ although to be perfectly honest/ with sheer pace is still very hard to get.

GPL 10 July, 2020 09:58
I thought the Merc concern was gearbox related.

I do not expect any improvement in pace unless upgrades have arrived.

I guess they could concentrate a bit more on honing race pace and forget about qualie really as
a place or 2 higher means nothing right at the back of the grid.

Nuvolari 10 July, 2020 10:52
From formula1.com: Virtual Safety Car conditions as Latifi pulls onto the grass with what appears to be a power unit issue. "I think the engine just went," the rookie ruefully tells the team.

What's going on with all the PU issues in the Williams? It happend during winter testing, last weekend and now also this weekend...

GPL 10 July, 2020 10:57
Hmm.
Trying not to go negative

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2020 10:58 by GPL.

Nuvolari 10 July, 2020 11:02
It's pretty hot today in Austria. Perhaps cooling issues?

Anderis 10 July, 2020 11:43
So Aitken gets in the car and he is immediately 0.3 secs from the quickest Haas and Alfa Romeo.

It looks like FW43 has the potential to not finish last in WCC under right circumstances, unless it's just the circuit.

rpaloschi 10 July, 2020 11:48
Yup, again the onboards show the abismal difference from the 42. I wonder if he would be able to drive so easily on day 1.

Mehryar 10 July, 2020 13:17
Not only that but he was faster than Latifi of last friday...Though there are alot of things which can be different, it looks like we can be closer this weekend.

My only concern is that air outlet really can't get bigger! It's double size of likes of Redbull...yet we had another failure.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Nuvolari 10 July, 2020 13:52
Quote:
Mehryar
Not only that but he was faster than Latifi of last friday...Though there are alot of things which can be different, it looks like we can be closer this weekend.
My only concern is that air outlet really can't get bigger! It's double size of likes of Redbull...yet we had another failure.

Williams said it was gearbox related.

GPL 10 July, 2020 14:58
I think that last flyer by George puts him half a second off his qualie time.

Nuvolari 10 July, 2020 15:53
Pretty good FF2! Faster than Haas and not far from Alfa Romeo. Also Latifi is closer to Russell than latst weekend. Looks like progress.

Andrew Hooper 10 July, 2020 16:23
Agree looks OK for me. Just don't get your expectations too high. 2020 is going to be a season of small gains. Proving that they are heading in the right direction design wise. To find what is something like 2 seconds is a big ask for any team.

Ozzy Osbone 10 July, 2020 16:50
Maybe we are not the slowest team? That would be something for now.

Damon96 10 July, 2020 18:51
Positives is how close the Latifi is to Russel but we are still a second off the top 10. The team have clearly got over the 2018/19 debacle but if you see the gains McLaren have made, its possible to make the strides we need, I just hope we have the money to keep developing the car and have a strong upgrade pipeline.

Gwanni 10 July, 2020 19:03
FP2 which could be the grid if rain cancels Saturday and it cannot be held on Sunday. That what they are saying, reports

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net