Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Styrian GP: Friday to Sunday
Andrew Hooper 11 July, 2020 18:51
Yes my mistake I missed the Leclerc penalty seeing him drop to 14th and Russell now 11th.

Ozzy Osbone 11 July, 2020 19:04
Anyone got a weather report for the race? George goes well in difficult conditions although of course there is more risk of hero to zero.

Edit:

[www.formula1.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2020 19:06 by Ozzy Osbone.

j-s 11 July, 2020 19:15
Wells done Russell. Very good start to the season. Now, some points please.

Should be a good race tomorrow.

dot_com 11 July, 2020 20:52
Only just watched qualifying. Great result for the team! GR was brilliant - I actually think Latifi did really well considering he’s never driven a F1 car in the wet. He had a yellow flag on his last flying lap, otherwise it could well have been two cars in Q2. Amazing job by Lewis. Like him or not, there’s no denying his talent.

Ozzy Osbone 11 July, 2020 21:16
HAM is something else, right up there with Clark, Senna and so on. Season after season his team mate starts thinking he has the upper hand and then Bam. Truth.

Nice to see some more positive thoughts on LAT on here. He's got to be given a chance. We don't know if the cars are the same this early and obviously it's a tough gig going up against RUS. Shame about the yellow flag today. His luck will change.

Kind of hoping for a bit of rain tomorrow. Mix it up and maybe give us a chance of a point or 2. F2 race was excellent today.

Francesc 11 July, 2020 21:58
Fantastic article on Williams quali
[the-race.com]

dot_com 11 July, 2020 22:42
Quote:
Francesc
Fantastic article on Williams quali
[the-race.com]

Good article. Also some lovely shots of the Williams in the rain. 😍

monty3 12 July, 2020 01:40
too optimistic. its just wet....anyway better than last year.

SydneyF1Fan 12 July, 2020 04:49
Great job George and Latifi! Def not the slowest car atm.

Ferrari engines struggling since they've had to "comply". Can't see them recovering in a hurry, especially with homologation.

Lewis a standout. I thought Max would be closer, but the SkyPad analysis showed he still would have been about 0.6s down on his last aborted lap.

Ricciardo's move to McLaren next season looking smart, especially after they throw a Merc donk in the back. Carlos needs to make the most of this year's car - don't think he'll be seeing the podium much next year at this rate. Good job by Ocon outdoing Dan in Q3.

Not sure how long it's been available for, but I've started using the 'Segments' view in F1 Live.Timing app. A much better way of seeing when cars are on a hot lap and how they are tracking around the circuit, with each sector broken into about 6-7 segments, representing around 250m, with a purple/green/yellow colour code for each.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Stu69 12 July, 2020 07:01
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
HAM is something else, right up there with Clark, Senna and so on. Season after season his team mate starts thinking he has the upper hand and then Bam. Truth.
Nice to see some more positive thoughts on LAT on here. He's got to be given a chance. We don't know if the cars are the same this early and obviously it's a tough gig going up against RUS. Shame about the yellow flag today. His luck will change.

Kind of hoping for a bit of rain tomorrow. Mix
it up and maybe give us a chance of a point or 2. F2 race was excellent today.

Ham certainly is the best of his generation.
Let’s hope Williams have turned a corner with the car, (no pun intended) and can out develop the others and put the Paddy Lowe mess behind them.

CLOVERLEAF 888 12 July, 2020 09:25
Great qualifying session by the Williams drivers.. I think what pleased me most is that for the first time in ages, we seem to have a car that can run in the wet. Previously in the wet everybody has destroyed us with our cars being undriveable as soon as the rain came. Not so now it seems. I think the fact Latifi was going great guns too until the yellows in the rain proves this car has speed.
As for George, he deserved that. He really did. It's about time F1 gave him a reward, especially as he's had to watch Lando and Albon excel in superior cars for so long now. Of course good things come to those that wait and surely that Mercedes drive is his when they are ready.

Andrew Hooper 12 July, 2020 11:35
Well its race day and the possibility of points is so attractive to think about. What with the race looking like it will be run in the dry the task for the Williams drivers is going to still be difficult.

But one can only hope that given Russell's 11th place on the grid it does give him a far better opportunity.

Gwanni 12 July, 2020 12:33
Unfortunately i won't be able to see the race bar maybe the first 10-15 laps. Will have to check it out later.

Mehryar 12 July, 2020 12:54
Tbh I don't think in anormal race we can fight anyone else other than Haas cars.It's more likely a matter of time before we are back to 16-17th...Unless George can do something magic.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

CLOVERLEAF 888 12 July, 2020 13:45
Lets hope George has a decent start. Not been his strong suit when we have been off the back row in the past. Really hoping he holds his own

Gwanni 12 July, 2020 14:17
Ferrari hit each other and vettel retires

GPL 12 July, 2020 14:20
Geez what happened then

Gwanni 12 July, 2020 14:20
Le clerc retires but George did a mistake and he is last in 18tj

GPL 12 July, 2020 14:21
great

Myvatn 12 July, 2020 14:21
Wtf has happened to Russell?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net