Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Hero, The Legend - Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton
Discussion started by monty3 , 03 August, 2020 08:01
The Hero, The Legend - Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton
monty3 03 August, 2020 08:01
after yesterday race, he deserve it, even 70 million per year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2020 08:02 by monty3.

Re: The Hero, The Legend - Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton
Matt Brown 03 August, 2020 08:16
Yep Hamilton is the best thumbs down

monty3 03 August, 2020 08:37
yeah matt, im not hamilton fans, but yesterday show he is the real legend f1 driver. Schumacher WHO???

SydneyF1Fan 03 August, 2020 09:01
Sounds like he'll be getting a pay cut next year, though, in line with budget cuts, along with all of the other drivers.

No doubting his achievements though, and much more to come.

I think his biggest risk this year is if he catches COVID-19 and doesn't return negative swabs for a few weeks, allowing Max and Bot to catch him up.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Ozzy Osbone 03 August, 2020 11:03
I'm sure he'll get to go meet the queen once he has retired from racing.

Next race should be interesting. Softer tyres and hotter weather. Will get them all thinking.

an.jo 03 August, 2020 19:36
An all-time great, but he's 35. I doubt he's much more than 80% of his peak, but he has a dominant car and a mediocre teammate to hide any decline. Who knew how much Vettel had declined until he had merely a good car and a very talented teammate? Even if Verstappen was his teammate at Mercedes this season, Hamilton's experience and remaining talent would probably enable him to compete for the championship as Prost did in his mid-30s against Senna at McLaren. But in the end I believe he would succumb.

Ozzy Osbone 04 August, 2020 01:57
Maybe. I think it would be great to put VER in the other Merc. That said, Mansell was still effective into his 40s but he is strong as an ox and maybe these cars are easier to drive? I don't know. I read somewhere that HAM wants at least 3 more years. I guess he's going for 10 titles.

Matt Brown 04 August, 2020 07:46
Its amazing i didn't Schumacher's record of 7 WDC's would ever be broken but it looks like Hamilton is going to break that record....WOW (Sm2)(Sm2)(Sm2)

SydneyF1Fan 04 August, 2020 10:50
Agree Ham wants to go for 10 and set a record that will likely never be broken before F1 is replaced by Formula E or Formula Moon/Mars races in SpaceX rockets!

I reckon Lewis/Max racing alongside in Mercs would be worth watching. I think Max would crack Lewis. Lewis too emotional once he reaches the limit, whereas Max is impervious and has matured to the point of eliminating his most stupid errors.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

monty3 04 August, 2020 11:08
Britney should be proud with his 2016 title, he is the only one can beat lewis.

dot_com 04 August, 2020 17:33
Quote:
monty3
Britney should be proud with his 2016 title, he is the only one can beat lewis.

Jenson beat him too.

Stu69 04 August, 2020 18:30
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Maybe. I think it would be great to put VER in the other Merc. That said, Mansell was still effective into his 40s but he is strong as an ox and maybe these cars are easier to drive? I don't know. I read somewhere that HAM wants at least 3 more years. I guess he's going for 10 titles.

40 is still young these days. His nutrition and fitness will be second to none plus he isn’t out boozing and s h a g g i n g like Hunt was! I can see him doing another 3 or 4 easy providing the car stays good then we will have to endure him as a commentator! Joy! Best driver of his generation! Total admiration! Does my head in!

Ozzy Osbone 06 August, 2020 06:57
I think Jenson did beat him over a season. Can't quite recall. 2011? I think Rosberg got a lucky season and HAM not to be honest. But the result is the result.

I guess Lewis would do anything to keep VER out of the other seat. Don't blame him. RUS might give him a hard time though and I see that as more likely in a year or 2.

Matt Brown 06 August, 2020 08:21
There is just something about Verstappen, I don't think any number 1 driver on the grid would want Verstappen as their team mate.

Matt Brown 06 August, 2020 08:25
Imagine the fireworks if Ayrton Senna and Max Verstappen were team mates, geez can you just imagine that.

It would be scary to see Ayrton Senna with Max Verstappen as his team mate, bloody hell that would be the biggest fireworks ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2020 08:31 by Matt Brown.

Ozzy Osbone 06 August, 2020 12:02
Max has that rare quality of not giving a f***. That makes him stronger than most other drivers. Plus he's damned fast.

Stu69 06 August, 2020 18:00
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Max has that rare quality of not giving a f***. That makes him stronger than most other drivers. Plus he's damned fast.

Max will not want to wait 3 or 4 years to be champ. BUT he might just have to as Lewis has the best seat in town and put Max in the other best seat and all hell will break out. Merc won’t want that. Remember Fernando and Lewis at Macca! Total chaos! His best hope is Adrian Newey coming up with some genius!! Max is just great for F1.

monty3 07 August, 2020 03:48
lewis record 230km/h only with 3 wheels....crazy

Andrew Hooper 07 August, 2020 05:39
Hero. I wouldn't use that word.
To say he is the best yes in pure statistics he may be but in others there have been far better champions.

Matt Brown 07 August, 2020 06:27
I think Hamilton is the best current F1 driver but i think Senna was the best F1 driver of all time.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net