Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
70th Anniversary GP: Friday to Sunday
Discussion started by Andrew Hooper , 07 August, 2020 06:46
70th Anniversary GP: Friday to Sunday
Andrew Hooper 07 August, 2020 06:46
After the positive British GP one can be hopeful of a similar performance in the 70th Anniversary GP. But factors like the changes in tyres for this meeting are going to play their part. I know we will get the same level of commitment from George and Nicholas. For Nicholas every race meeting he does will only see him get better.

Re: 70th Anniversary GP: Friday to Sunday
Matt Brown 07 August, 2020 07:33
Quote:
After the positive British GP one can be hopeful of a similar performance in the 70th Anniversary GP.

Was it really that positive? I'm not so sure it was? If Williams scored a WCC point then I think you could call it positive but no WCC points to me means not that positive.

monty3 07 August, 2020 08:17
i dont care about points, i wish no more mistake from williams.

GPL 07 August, 2020 08:58
the last race seem to show an improvement in the car but it seems no one knows what
has been changed or updated on the 43 from the previous race, very strange.

No pics other than mirror mods?

Regarding Nick i just see him as a journey man with a rich dad sorry but nothing more.

Matt Brown 07 August, 2020 09:17
When you think about it just how far off and how bad is Nicholas Latifi, take this for an example look at Albon at Red Bull he is getting crushed by his team mate at Red Bull but yet Albon is probably still a better driver than Nicholas Latifi. That example just shows how bad Latifi is.

That does not bode well when a driver who is getting flogged at Red Bull is still a better driver than Latifi .

Nicholas Latifi driving for Williams is a classic example of Beggars can't be choosers

Matt Brown 07 August, 2020 09:24
I will probably get flamed for my last post but I think it is true anyway.

GPL 07 August, 2020 10:02
Anyway lets see what Williams and George can do this weekend.

Do we think that Williams are getting a handle on the set more than aero updates?
and this is were we are finding some extra pace.

I have not been able to find any comments from George or the team on what they have changed
on the 43 to gain extra performance and stability around other cars in the last race.

Mikef1 07 August, 2020 10:50
Quote:
GPL
Anyway lets see what Williams and George can do this weekend.
Do we think that Williams are getting a handle on the set more than aero updates?
and this is were we are finding some extra pace.

I have not been able to find any comments from George or the team on what they have changed
on the 43 to gain extra performance and stability around other cars in the last race.

You probably wont. That kind of stuff will be kept comfortably behind closed doors, or the track just suits the car in race trim better. Who knows.

Mehryar 07 August, 2020 18:48
Our long run pace looks even better than last weekend.
Quite competitive.If it means anything, Latifi was doing same laptimes of Norris though there must be something wrong!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Ozzy Osbone 07 August, 2020 19:06
If anyone was watching the times and gaps last weekend, both are cars were very slowly catching that mid grid gaggle which had Renaults, a Ferrari and so on in it. We weren't falling back, we were gaining. I think RUS might have got GIO if ALB hadn't been coming through on newer tyres.

Either way, this is encouraging stuff. We are not the slowest car and a couple seconds off everyone else which no idea why. I'll take that at this stage.

Stu69 07 August, 2020 19:29
I kind of agree with Matt and Ozzy. Our bar is now set so low that not being the slowest is a success. I doubt SFW would see it that way!

And although our bar is set so low it kind of is a success. To start winning you have to stop losing. I am hoping we are making baby step back towards the mid then the upper mid then the front! It’s going to take a few years though!

Recent history though makes me worried it could all just implode in a Paddy Lowe! (I mean moment) having said that things feel a bit different at the moment for Williams.

Feeling positive!

Ozzy Osbone 08 August, 2020 08:37
Well look at Mclaren. They have gone from hopeless to looking a bit punchy. If you took the pink Merc out of the picture, they are up there. Seems to me there is no big 3 any more, just Merc and then the rest which is a shame.

Lots of folk talking about high rake not being a good concept any more.

Anyway, I'm happy that we are in the mix at least a bit and seem to be improving. The last 2 years have felt helpless and depressing but we've now clearly got progress on the car. I just hope the team survives into the new budget rules and doesn't become Team Latifi before disappearing up it's own backside.

Gwanni 08 August, 2020 11:07
I have not seen anything yesterday, how did we fare?

Ozzy Osbone 08 August, 2020 11:11
I think we are faster than Alfa R and on par with Haas. Not so far off a few more as well. Q2 will be a struggle today but I think there is a good chance if we get everything right. Need an epic lap from one of our guys.

Gwanni 08 August, 2020 11:26
Thanks Oz, Appreciate. P3 is know on.

tomazy 08 August, 2020 12:10
P3 Silverstone comparison, 70th anniversary 2020, British gp 2020 and British go 2019

Fastest Williams 70th anniversary 2020: +1.504
Fastest Williams British gp 2020: +1.865
Fastest Williams British go 2019: +3.160 (+1.467 from the next slowest car)

Mehryar 08 August, 2020 13:10
Latifi looks to be abit closer this weekend.His long run pace was impressive too.Quite consistent.

All in all, with a clean weekend (good performance today, no penalty and a normal start) we can be there to grab a point if top 6 teams fail for whatever reason.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Gwanni 08 August, 2020 14:04
IT is going to be super tight in quali, today.

Myvatn 08 August, 2020 14:21
Q2 despite Ocon. Good.

Gwanni 08 August, 2020 14:21
The onlap from Russell was next to perfect but he is still 15th just 1 second adrift.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net