Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Perez for 2022?
Discussion started by Ozzy Osbone , 08 August, 2020 11:25
Perez for 2022?
Ozzy Osbone 08 August, 2020 11:25
If RP dump him, he would be a major asset to our team. Comes with money too. Should we be talking to him now?

Re: Perez for 2022?
Anderis 08 August, 2020 11:50
We should be talking to him but I'm not sure it anything comes out of that. Too many questions arise:
- where will Perez land at for 2021? What if it's a multi-year deal?
- how to convince him we'll be anything but a useless backmarker in 2022?
- what other options will he have? Nobody will commit 2 years in advance to by far the weakest team of last few years if he has any reasonable options
- what about Russell? Will he move on after 2021? Would you choose Perez over Russell?
- what about Latifi? Will Williams be able to afford to drop him and his financial backing? Or maybe he'll develop into a driver that is good enough not to drop him?

In the end, I don't think it's going to happen. A combination of circumstances would need to occur to make it possible.

williams4284 08 August, 2020 13:30
I d get Perez over Russel for next year. Hope George proves me wrong but to date he did nothing extraordinary for us.

AlanJones 08 August, 2020 14:51
Sideline Latifi in good conjunction with dad. Get Perez for the team and line up Latifi when George leaves.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Stu69 08 August, 2020 20:15
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
If RP dump him, he would be a major asset to our team. Comes with money too. Should we be talking to him now?

I can’t see NL going anywhere else! Daddy pays the bills and will probably be the new major shareholder / owner. We need to keep GR at all cost really. That equals no room for SP.

rpaloschi 08 August, 2020 21:08
George will be at Merc anyway. I would gladly pick Perez skill AND his money

Andrew Hooper 09 August, 2020 05:02
Would have to agree. Skill and money good combination.

Gunk 09 August, 2020 12:06
I seem to remember Perez was approached and declined before . . . when we were in better form. He will get a ride at Haas or Alpha Thing no problem. But if Force India dump him for Seb I think they're crackers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net