Latest news:

2020 German Grand Prix Rd 11. Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

How did Honda do it? Was it piles of money?
Discussion started by Matt Brown , 15 August, 2020 14:57
How did Honda do it? Was it piles of money?
Matt Brown 15 August, 2020 14:57
Honda have gone from having the worst engine on the grid "Donkey GP2 engine" to the best engine on the grid.... Just how did they do it? Was it piles of money?

The Honda engine is now a beast.... what a massive turnaround eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

Re: How did Honda do it? Was it piles of money?
Stu69 15 August, 2020 15:04
Quote:
Matt Brown
Honda have gone from having the worst engine on the grid "Donkey GP2 engine" to the best engine on the grid.... Just how did they do it? Was it piles of money?
The Honda engine is now a beast.... what a massive turnaround eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

Boat fulls of cash, good people, a clear strategy, good leadership, a good chassis partner, more cash and then more cash!

Re: How did Honda do it? Was it piles of money?
Ozzy Osbone 16 August, 2020 00:08
Why a few here were saying we should push for the deal years ago. Maybe it was never possible. Sad.

Re: How did Honda do it? Was it piles of money?
Anderis 16 August, 2020 01:59
How do you know that Honda is supposedly the best engine on the grid?

Re: How did Honda do it? Was it piles of money?
Matt Brown 16 August, 2020 06:09
Quote:
Anderis
How do you know that Honda is supposedly the best engine on the grid?

Well just look at the performance of Red Bull & AlphaTauri the two Honda powered teams this year, if the Honda engine is not the best engine on the grid it is damn close.

Anderis the big point I am making with this thread is the massive gains Honda have made, remember not that long ago the Honda engine in the McLaren with Alonso saying GP2 engine?

Re: How did Honda do it? Was it piles of money?
Matt Brown 16 August, 2020 06:12
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Why a few here were saying we should push for the deal years ago. Maybe it was never possible. Sad.

Imagine if Williams managed to get this Honda works deal instead of Red Bull, Williams would have heaps of money and be laughing now.

Re: How did Honda do it? Was it piles of money?
Gunk 16 August, 2020 23:32
Quote:
Matt Brown
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Why a few here were saying we should push for the deal years ago. Maybe it was never possible. Sad.

Imagine if Williams managed to get this Honda works deal instead of Red Bull, Williams would have heaps of money and be laughing now.

Not necessarily.

Red Bull had a whole year to run Honda in their 'B' team and evaluate both the tech and the relationship . . . something not open to Williams. And in fact, during that year, Honda began to fabricate many parts in-house that were previously outsourced - making huge gains in reliability. Remember all the grid place penalties?

Williams has had endless woes these last couple of seasons and, quite honestly, I don't think PU. problems on top would have helped at all.

Re: How did Honda do it? Was it piles of money?
Polemik 21 August, 2020 15:31
Mercedes = 1020 hp
Honda = 992 hp
Renault = 983 hp
Ferrari = 978 hp

source: AMUS


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net