Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
New team principal
Discussion started by Craig atkin , 03 September, 2020 14:41
New team principal
Craig atkin 03 September, 2020 14:41
So with the sad news from today,who is available and who would you like to get the team principal job

Re: New team principal
Andrew Hooper 03 September, 2020 14:48
Looks like it will be announced in Mugello who is taking over from Claire.

Mehryar 03 September, 2020 16:11
Already something announced,

James Matthews, Matthew Savage and Darren Fultz are making the new board of directors.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Albi-Quin 03 September, 2020 16:31
Quote:
Mehryar
Already something announced,
James Matthews, Matthew Savage and Darren Fultz are making the new board of directors.

Not team principle.

Stu69 03 September, 2020 18:27
None of new board members are team principle types. All finance men really with a sprinkling of racing. See quote below. Also nice royal link!!

“The team issued a further announcement on Thursday confirming that its new three-man board of directors, with two of the members being high-ranking members of Dorilton Capital.

These are Matthew Savage, the chairman of Dorilton Capital, and Darren Fultz, who is the CEO of the investment fund. Both previously served at Rothschild, and played a role in founding Dorilton in 2009.

The pair will be joined on the board of directors by James Matthews, who is the CEO of Eden Rock Group.

Matthews is a former racing driver, winning the British Formula Renault championship and the Formula Renault Eurocup in 1994 before embarking on a career as a city trader.

Matthews is married to Pippa Middleton, the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, who is married to Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge“

pixel 03 September, 2020 18:50
I mentioned this on the Claire Williams thread - wasn’t Simon Roberts brought in as MD of the racing operations - could be a description of a Team Principal?

Matt Brown 04 September, 2020 06:38
Shouldn't Dorilton Capital give Andreas Seidl the team principal job? He looks to be pretty good.

Gwanni 04 September, 2020 09:17
Very Sad news, do not know if this sport makes sense anymore. I am gutted.

Gunk 04 September, 2020 10:02
Quote:
Gwanni

No, not sad, just end of a era . . . when I grew up, boys got railway train sets for Christmas and went trainspotting. Petrol will go the way of steam . . . and probably faster than we think. I think Claire quite lucky to get out with a few million.

History is always interesting and maybe one day there will be Harry Potter type books about him driving Red 5 and Three Quarters . . .

Ozzy Osbone 04 September, 2020 11:33
Things always happen faster than people think. The uptake of EVs is massive and the sales of ICE cars are crashing. Who would buy a new diesel car now? Certainly the tax benefits to business users are massive for EVs.

I think F1 could be left out on a limb with their stupid hybrid tech.

Stu69 04 September, 2020 12:33
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Things always happen faster than people think. The uptake of EVs is massive and the sales of ICE cars are crashing. Who would buy a new diesel car now? Certainly the tax benefits to business users are massive for EVs.

Fine by me if F1 went full electric. Imagine what could be achieved if they did. Same for hydrogen.
Formula e is just an electric go cart race not technology race.

Albi-Quin 04 September, 2020 15:41
Eric bouillier?

Ozzy Osbone 04 September, 2020 17:01
Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

Fine by me if F1 went full electric. Imagine what could be achieved if they did. Same for hydrogen.
Formula e is just an electric go cart race not technology race.

I think Hydrogen is probably a better bet. Not for road cars where it's pointless but at least you still have a sort of engine and a tank of fuel. Ultimately, like with a train, the engine is not directly connected to the wheels but one thing is for sure. Burning oil is on the way out and very soon. So F1 has to react in some way. It's like Lexus and their 'self charging hybrid'. It's simply not possible. They are suggesting they have mastered perpetual motion. The motion comes from burning oil or from harvesting energy as you roll down a hill that took burning oil to get to the top of. You can't get something for nothing unless you use natural forces such as the sun or the tides / wind etc.

Stu69 04 September, 2020 17:22
I think Mitsubishi have a PHEV that uses a gas turbine to charge the battery. A bit like a train in a way. Only a concept. Always seemed a good idea to me. The speed of rotation of the turbine would generate KW really quickly.

Gunk 04 September, 2020 18:58
There are lots of technologies around . . . petrol was always pushed by the US oil lobby to the exclusion of all else. I'm sure steam would today be a no brainer with 100 years R&D invested . . .

Damon96 04 September, 2020 20:29
It worries me slightly that Dorilton Capital was expecting Claire to stay on, makes me think they didn't have a plan for TP of who they wanted to run the team.

Gwanni 05 September, 2020 06:37
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Gwanni

No, not sad, just end of a era . . . when I grew up, boys got railway train sets for Christmas and went trainspotting. Petrol will go the way of steam . . . and probably faster than we think. I think Claire quite lucky to get out with a few million.

History is always interesting and maybe one day there will be Harry Potter type books about him driving Red 5 and Three Quarters . . .

Yes, I got the gist of your argument. Things change that a fact and sometimes you just cannot go back and also maybe needed to secure bright future. But I still fill, I need time in order to come to terms with it.

Matt Brown 05 September, 2020 07:31
I just don't buy it that Claire walked out on her own, ...They are saying this but think about how passionate Claire was about this legendary F1 team that her family built up and owned for years and years and she just up and walks away from her team mid season as easy as that.

Sorry guys but I just don't buy it.

It's easy for word to get around the paddock saying that Dorilton Capital wanted her to stay on but come on guys you must know by now you can't believe everything you hear.

Don't you guys think it's a little weird that this women who was so massively passionate about this historic team just walks mid season just like that, there is something deeper that happened that we don't know about.

Matt Brown 05 September, 2020 07:49
I'm not trying to be negative or smart about this it is just that I don't believe Claire would just walk like this, either she was pushed out or there was something big that she did not like about the new owners so she walked,....Something happened that the public does not know about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2020 07:50 by Matt Brown.

Stu69 05 September, 2020 08:14
Matt I think I might be with you on this. Did she sign a contract as an employee? Most takeovers have earnouts or tie ins. Something has happened for sure. Selling part of the heritage collection to Vettel perhaps or being told to buy Merc parts and lay-off the brake duct department!! :-)

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net