Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Tuscany Friday to Sunday
Discussion started by Andrew Hooper , 11 September, 2020 11:15
Tuscany Friday to Sunday
Andrew Hooper 11 September, 2020 11:15
Well it looks like the usual Williams FP1 session with soft tyre runs followed by the drivers splitting tyre evaluations. With 15 minutes remaining 15th from Russell and Latifi 20th is pretty much what I expect.

Re: Tuscany Friday to Sunday
Mehryar 11 September, 2020 11:34
We look alot more competitive here.
The timesheet doesn't reflect that.George did his PB on Mediums and Latifi on Hard, unlike rest of the field.

Our long run at the end of the session was quite strong with George too.

Let's see if they can keep improving as the weekend goes on.So far it looks to be our best chance to score a point.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Andrew Hooper 11 September, 2020 12:05
I would have to agree. So many seemed to focus on using the soft tyre which from what In understand is going to struggle in terms of degradation.

Matt Brown 11 September, 2020 12:25
Quote:
Mehryar
We look alot more competitive here.
The timesheet doesn't reflect that.George did his PB on Mediums and Latifi on Hard, unlike rest of the field.

Our long run at the end of the session was quite strong with George too.

Let's see if they can keep improving as the weekend goes on.So far it looks to be our best chance to score a point.

Imagine the first race after Claire has gone Williams score some points.

I kinda hope Williams don't score any points this weekend because that would look bad for Claire.

The minute Claire is out the door Williams start scoring points,...Please don't happen I don't want Claire to look bad,...(Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm17)

Gwanni 11 September, 2020 12:37
So we have symptons of Ferrari, Leclerc up in 3rd today, nowhere last week.

Matt Brown 11 September, 2020 13:09
Quote:
Gwanni
So we have symptons of Ferrari, Leclerc up in 3rd today, nowhere last week.

Williams do have symptons of Ferrari except 100 times worse because remember Williams have a better engine than Ferrari this year but yet Ferrari have 61 WCC points and Williams have ZERO WCC points.

It is scary to think just how far Williams would be behind everyone else if they were running the Ferrari PU this year, even with the Merc PU they are dead last in the WCC.

CLOVERLEAF 888 11 September, 2020 19:45
are the new sponsors on the car?

Mehryar 11 September, 2020 20:34
FP2 looked awful.both on short and long runs.Back to where we belong.

Stu69 11 September, 2020 22:12
Quote:
Mehryar

All hopes pinned on next year with new management, new faces and more cash hopefully!!

Mehryar 11 September, 2020 23:06
Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Mehryar

All hopes pinned on next year with new management, new faces and more cash hopefully!!

We need big updates before season end as there will be restrictions about how much you can change or upgrade your car.There will be limited areas each team can focus in design.
So if you need to change front wing, bargeboard, floor, suspension, cooling...you need to do half of them before season end as far as I've learnt about new restrictions.

Ozzy Osbone 12 September, 2020 02:47
I think 2021 is a write off too. Let's be honest.

Andrew Hooper 12 September, 2020 05:27
Still maybe at the back but we are a lot closer than in 2019. At least we are now setting times that see us amongst to the slower of the midfield teams rather than been always last by some margin.

That I see as a positive. Never was going to be an overnight thing in terms of getting back up where say McLaren is. But in terms of moving forward beyond where we are now yes 2020 is not going to see much happen. 2021 I am not so sure.

Gwanni 12 September, 2020 09:14
I think Russell might get in Q2

GPL 12 September, 2020 10:01
Seems like all these things they had up there sleeves was PR Bull @#$%&.
4 races down the line now and no change.

We need a top TD /Aero man.

Gwanni 12 September, 2020 11:36
Problem for George, he walked out if the car with no time set

Gwanni 12 September, 2020 11:39
Break by wire issue

Mehryar 12 September, 2020 12:05
Valuable time lost.
Times are very close.if Geroge brings a special lap out of his hat, he has a chance.

Gwanni 12 September, 2020 12:47
yes he can still conjure something, Lafiti times was decent as well in FP3. I was impressed by the time set by Max. He is someone who really got what it takes, in terms of performance

Gwanni 12 September, 2020 14:05
1.179 for latifi and 1.18 for George

Myvatn 12 September, 2020 14:15
Good lap by Latifi. With a good lap by both drivers, we might get both cars in q2.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net