Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I'm starting to think
Anderis 14 September, 2020 15:03
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I don't like the un-lapping thing. Takes up racing time and why should they get a free reset? It's not a video game. They should go back to the old way.
Un-lapping really is the lesser of the two evils, clearly.

I remember how much Monaco 2011 @#$%& me off. Barrichello was ahead of Kobayashi. He pitted as the race leader was approaching him, therefore he got lapped. Kobayashi stayed out for a couple of more laps and avoided being lapped for the moment but then a SC happened a lap or so after Barrichello had pitted.
What happened next? Kobayashi, who just 2 laps earlier was BEHIND Barrichello, now ended up AN ENTIRE LAP AHEAD of him. A guy, who in normal circumstances would've likely finished the race ahead of him now didn't even stand a chance to come close to him. An entire lap down. Kobayashi ended up 5th and Barrichello was lucky to finish 9th after Hamilton took Maldonado out. Williams should have ended up wit 5th and 6th that day but all they got was 9th and DNF through no fault of theirs.

When un-lapping is forbidden, it can really mess up the midfield battle to a bigger extent than when it's allowed.

CLOVERLEAF 888 14 September, 2020 16:17
Sorry I don't agree with this unlapping stuff.. If your a lap down, your a lap down... It should stay that way... When a safety car comes out is just one of those things... If you get caught out, well you were a lap down anyway... Those on the same lap always close up anyway, so again, its just one of those things.. your lucks in... But to be effectively out of the race and be given a lifeline only benefits the faster cars anyway as we have seen in the past. I remember a race where Ricky had an incident. Needed repairs and the safety car came out ten laps later. he gets his lap back and then finished in the points and Williams lost points that day as his Red Bull was so much superior he breezed past them. So on a day when he shouldn't have scored he did.

Anderis 14 September, 2020 16:50
I couldn't disagree more. I really could not. I would rather give a driver an undeserved chance than an undeserved penalty (as I would do in any real-life situation, I find an undeserved penalty immeasurably more demoralising).
It's such an absurd situation that drivers who were a few seconds apart can end up a whole lap apart when there's no unlapping. I would rather have a driver to come back from a hopeless situation. He still needs to overtake the guys in front to make it work and the guys in front still have a chance (if they happen to have a much slower car- tough luck, you're not entitled to reach good results through attrition only). I would rather give a chance for this driver than take a chance away from another who just happened to be in a wrong place and is now a full lap behind drivers who he was likely going to beat (because he's already made his pit stop and they haven't and he was just a few seconds behind and about to catch and overtake them but the race leader just happened to be in between them at the moment) and he can do nothing to reach a position he deserved.

CLOVERLEAF 888 15 September, 2020 11:37
Sorry I just don't agree. It's up to the driver to stay on the lead lap. If you fall a lap behind, you know the perils. It should all be about staying on the lead lap.

Matt Brown 15 September, 2020 13:30
Quote:
Mehryar
Lol Whitey looks like I've hit a nerve but thanks for your warm words because looking at how your past predictions turned to be 100% wrong (Charles winning '19 title or how Renault will beat RBR in '20 or race wins for Dan this year) , makes me confident that George will have a stellar career ahead of him.

Nice way dodging the question Mehryar you just posted turd.

Matt Brown 15 September, 2020 13:44
I would love to see George go up against Ricciardo at McLaran ,,,,Ricciardo would beat him just like Ric beat vettel and just like Ric is beating Ocon

Stu69 15 September, 2020 20:00
I’m starting to think.,.. that Lewis Hamilton would drive the Mercedes for free. In fact why does Mercedes actually pay their drivers a bean to drive??

If I was a Toto I would just say to Lewis and Bottom that we aren’t paying you to drive.

They would still drive the Merc because they want the best car!! They can make their money from promotions because they are driving the best car. (Lewis’s new line in printed T shirt sales making him millions!)

Williams Haas Etc on the other hand should be paying a fortune to get a driver to drive their 4 wheels as they are career damaging cars currently!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net