Latest news:

2020 Canadian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: How good is Bruno Senna?
Posted by: Ozzy Osbone
Date: 18/01/2012 20:00
I think the vital point to this article and something I have struggled to put my finger on is looking at the highs. If you look at any motorsport it's the same. Look at Lorenzo and Stoner in MotoGP. Looked like crash kids for their early careers. BUT, the flashes of pace were there for all to see.

We saw Button put in an awesome quali at Spa in 2000 and that for me was what cemented my belief in him. I had followed him up through the juniors and thought he had it.

I see the same in Bruno. Good solid races in the early formula. He was one of the front runners and then in his early F1 career we have seen a few times that he can nail it.

Alonso, Vettel, Button, Webber were the same. Some guys never nail it. They just can't.

I suppose what seperates the top guys is that they somehow distill that down and work out how to do it again and again. I think Bruno has that capability. He's clearly a bright guy.

Think about this. Ayrton Senna had a mighty scrap pre F1 with Martin Brundle, who never won an F1 race. Now, I think Brundle was seriously under-rated and not only unlucky but he was really the guy who pushed Schumi hardest. So, was Ayrton just a little bit better than Martin? What can we draw from this? The answer is nothing much.

What we have seen is that Bruno can put in stunning laps when the pressure is really on. Like fighting for your career on.

I'm really happy with this. I think he'll do well.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net