Latest news:

2020 Canadian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Can we please call for patience?
Posted by: GroveF1
Date: 25/03/2012 20:16
Dear all,

Given some of the comments made in the race thread most noteably, is it fair to call for patience with our Team and Drivers?

I am not saying don't criticise their performance, like "why didn't Senna pit two laps ago etc" - that is why we are fans and makes the forum the debate it is. What I mean is given the performance of the last 6/7 years' cars do you honestly expect the sponsors to be knocking at the door to sign up at RBS sponsorship levels?

Unfortunately, due to their own doing as we have discussed on here before, Williams are currently in a position where they have to take Pay Drivers to "keep the wolf from the door" and to aid in car design and development, the money from Pastor last year which you have to say has resulted in the FW34 - a car challenging for the Top 6 in the 2 races.

As Frank Williams has said before, we need to provide the car capable of winning first before top drivers look at us. Were people like Alonso (to go to an extreme) going to sign up with Williams this year based on a hope that because we had a new Technical Team and there will be a better car? I think not.

We also have to allow the Technical staff time to progress the team, we were in the doldrums for too long and they have got off to a good start.

People may not like the drivers, but given a few races I am sure Pastor and Bruno will cut out the mistakes in time. You also need to remember the team are still learning about the car all the time.

Thanks Guys

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net