Latest news:

2020 Canadian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: And so, on to Baku
Posted by: Mikef1
Date: 18/04/2018 07:49
Quote:
K1
@ Mike!....i have also read that report but it doesn't make sense. Why would Hamilton risk losing his claim to be the 'greatest'ever when he doesn't have to ? I don't think that Hamilton actually has the cojones for that kind of test. I have also heard a rumour that he won't sign until he knows who is going to be in the seat next to him. There's much conjecture and one even suggested that if it is Ricciardo he will leave!!! He knows what Ricciardo did to Vettel and after last Sundays race he would be even more apprehensive. Bottas is no threat to him and Mercedes will be wanting to have a driver that they can depend upon being there for at least three years. IMO the only way that Ricciardo will drive for Ferrari, if he gets the offer, will be on a contracted total equality basis.
Interesting note is that the evil Dr. M is beating a hasty retreat after he made it known a few weeks back that they, Red Bull, had options now he is trying to put off any offers from Wolff and Lauda! Daniel needs to get the hell outa Red Bull. The only reason they want to keep him is to be able to exert some control over his future race strategies when promoting their WDC in waiting. They are afraid that if Ricciardo is driving in another team that would make their job much harder. Hopefully Ricciardo doesn't swallow the 'snake oil' that Horner et al are selling.

Didn't know it was an article it was probably lazy news writing because Hamilton's so miserable at the moment. I agree with all points but one. Bottas is looking quite handy this year and if Hamilton remains off form for a few more races, his confidence is going to sky rocket. Bottas would be leading the championship if not for his error in q3 in Melbourne. He's put in some beast overtakes, matched Hamilton's race pace and outqualified him twice. The only questionable act was that he didn't put the overtake on Vettel but I believe it would have gone how it did for Verstappen.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net