Latest news:

2019 Mexican Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Robert Kubica 2019 Williams Racing Driver
Posted by: Mikef1
Date: 23/11/2018 13:14
Quote:
IanSmithISA
Good morning,
I want to be excited by this, but I have a big nagging doubt.

Will we find that Kubica is fast but crashes a lot?

My thinking is that the much discussed hand might become an issue when the car does something unexpected.

There have been a number of remarks that appear to have come from Robert himself saying that he presses on the steering wheel rather than grasping it.

This clearly seems to work most of the time, but when it comes to the race weekend a single case when it doesn't work may see the car in the wall.

Whilst I am sure that Williams have considered this possibility as either non existent or one that is a reasonable risk to take , are they biased by the sponsorship he is bringing?

Only time will tell.

Bye

Ian

Fortunately the very basics they can simulate his full range of motions in the simulator. What they cannot simulate though is g force. He has done a lot of running with no suggestion that he's just gonna bury the car in the wall, nor that his arm will cause him any hindrance at 6g. Watching him do the hairpin at abu dhabi doesn't look brilliant, but we shall see. As we know nothing about his real pace, it's difficult to be overly positive or negative at this point.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net