Latest news:

2020 Steiermark Grand Prix Rd 2. Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: News and Stuff!
Posted by: j-s
Date: 22/03/2019 17:03
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
j-s
Williams doesn't deserve other team's charity.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say this. In any case, if one or more teams were to offer Williams some help, it would definitely not be "charity." It is in no one's best interest--certainly not that of the other teams--for there to be a team that it totally out of the competition, much less for the field to shrink to 9 teams.

Valid opinion, but I think it's unrealistic to think that laggards get (or should get) any help.

I guess I'm referring to the narrative of entitlement around Williams that always comes up when the team is not competitive. The history, the legacy, the championships, SFW, the philosophy, all of that. It comes up when there is nothing else to celebrate about the team. And it drives a storyline, in part, about how Williams is an essential part of F1 (which I find ridiculous with each passing year).

I don't think Williams is essential. Especially when they're so inept. That's why I said they don't deserve any charity.

On a side note... Williams will stay alive a long as they can pay for the operation. In a sense, Williams may be that most resistant team to dwindling WCC prize money. They won't disappear when the owner finds a new hobby, or when the manufacturer decides to quit the sport, or when sponsors leave en masse. F1 is everything for Williams and they budget accordingly, so perhaps (hopefully) they can weather this storm and keep competing (even at the back).

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net