Latest news:

2020 Hungarian Grand Prix Rd 3. Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: News and Stuff!
Posted by: j-s
Date: 23/03/2019 00:06
Quote:
Shriek
Wow. You identify yourself as a Williams Supporter? If so, why?

I'm a Williams fan, shriekback. A critical, cynical, nitpicky fan. Pleasure meeting you and welcome to the board. As to why I'm a fan, well... why do you care?

Quote:
Shriek
You seem to only dislike the team, they being in your eyes entitled, inessential, undeserving laggards

I stand by the inessential argument. There's no way Williams is essential to F1. No way. You're confusing value with necessity. Williams is valuable to F1, but they're not indispensable.

Quote:
Shriek
That they have been around for over 40 years also means that they help define the sport for many fans.

Absolutely. I love Williams for this reason most of all. Great stuff. But that doesn't justify the team's existence. This is more or less where I was going with the entitlement argument. And it wasn't a dig at you or the team, it was just a general observation about how Williams fans are obsessed with past glory and can, on occasion, use it to justify the team's place at the table... Nothing

Quote:
Shriek
But then you are just saying that no one who needs help can deserve it. A weird view, I think. Are you perhaps a fan of Ayn Rand?

That is a serious accusation. I take offense (not really). I'm not at all a fan of Rand but I'm aware how my argument is properly Randian. Oh well. That's too big a topic to dive into properly, so I won't.

And for the record, I never said that "no one who needs help can deserve it". I simply said that an inept Williams team doesn't deserve any charity. They have to clean up after themselves.

Quote:
Shriek
you should be a Mercedes fan and root for power for its own sake.

Thanks for the tip. I'll pass.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net