Latest news:

2019 Mexican Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
Posted by: WilliamsF1Fan
Date: 17/05/2019 13:24
Myvatn, Anderis
Hello and thanks for your comments. I don’t necessarily disagree with you but the FW36 was a low drag car which created problems in high downforce scenarios such as Monaco, Hungary, and crucially when it rained. The latter of course can happen quite often at F1 races, and it surprised me that Williams went that route on aero. Torro Rosso has been a great example in the past of why that’s not the route to go. You are right, there were other Merc powered teams around, and Williams had the second best car (overall) on the grid, but they failed to turn that into a race winner when others did. Like many I assumed they’d identified the design issues in the 36 that would allow them to compete better with the FW37, but correct me if I’m wrong, they initially went backwards, despite still having the best engine and two decent drivers. The fact that they have consistently failed to build a better car than the FW36 suggests that they either don’t have the design talent, or their ‘tools’ are out of date. Was it Kubica that said recently that the simulator hasn’t got the current Baku track? Given Williams probably invented the world of F1 simulation in the 80’s, that’s almost scandalous that they are in that position. Money though is everything in motorsport, especially F1, so it should be no real surprise that the team cannot compete with the likes of Merc, Ferrari, and Red Bull. What’s not acceptable though is its failure to deliver a car that’s at least there or thereabouts in terms of initial performance.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net