Latest news:

2020 Portugese Grand Prix Rd 12. Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Halo and DRS
Posted by: Mr Brooksy
Date: 19/11/2019 22:56
Personally, I have no real issue with DRS with the current generation of cars. You have to fight tooth and nail to get it activated as has been mentioned before, something that wasn't as hard to do in years gone by as it is now with such complicated Aero effecting cars following. And now with DRS, it's like you get a bit of reward for getting close enough and you have a higher percentage chance to overtake. I disagree it's a free pass device, certainly it's too easy at some tracks, but others its not.

The Halo on the other hand is still terrible looking and I doubt that will change any time soon. But from a safety perspective its necessity is not really in question. The other thing I hate about it (and it's not something that many will care about) is that it's terribly obstructive with onboard camera shots like the side of the engine cover camera (which is my favourite) as well as the cockpit view on the driving games like F1 2019 etc. I really wish there was a better alternative, or at least a more aesthetically integrated design...

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net