Latest news:

2020 Canadian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: The All New FW43
Posted by: Anderis
Date: 06/12/2019 22:16
So true, Mike.

The 2017 rule changes were stupid, as it was basically reversing all F1 was striving to achieve for the past 10 or 15 years.
Even 2014 cars were not so bad in comparison. Rosberg and Hamilton probably had more actual wheel-to-wheel fight (not DRS flybys) in Bahrain GP 2014 alone than all top cars in 2019 in all races combined. But people complained about slow and bad looking cars and that's what we've got. The standards have got so low that now every race that is not a walk in the park for the winner is being hailed as a great race.
At least 2021 aero changes seem sensible, but with current levels of efficiency in F1, I'm afraid it will not be enough. I'm not keen on watching the two-tier formula we have now, even if the racing between cars is good, especially now, when the attrition levels and upredictability is so low, human error is so rare etc. But with budget caps being so high and with so many exceptions and with top teams set to continue getting such a big chunk of TV money, the two-tier formula is not likely to be gone IMO. And I'm tired that the pecking order is basically what it was 2 races ago, 10 races ago, a year ago and three years ago... always the same. In all fairness, I'm not so much a racing fan but a fan of unpredictable sports and F1 is no longer one although it had brilliant levels of unpredictability a decade ago.

It could be made so much better if Liberty had the balls to risk Mercedes and Red Bull quitting the sport and push through the initial budget caps and TV money share ideas, maybe lure Ferrari to sign a new agreement with a big bonus as long as it is taken as a profit before the rest is presented with choice: "take what we offer or go away". If F1 could keep Ferrari, McLaren and Williams onboard, as well as Hamilton and Verstappen as drivers, it could afford to lose all other teams IMO. I'm sure there would be many new teams willing to join with a good budget cap and TV money share model.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net