Latest news:

2020 Canadian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: The All New FW43
Posted by: IanSmithISA
Date: 09/12/2019 08:39
Good morning,

I agree with MikeF1 that there are plenty of possibilities and Williams have a great record of finding funds, including things like the creation and sale of Williams Hybrid Power.

The general consensus, how reliable this is I don't know, is that Williams had the lowest budget in 2019 and in recent years we have had Stroll supply funds, followed by Kubica with $15m (ish) so it seems unlikely that Latifi is going to bring a lot more.

A Williams press release said the RokIT Drinks brands would feature prominently, looking at the 2019 car where could you place logos prominently and be worth more money to Williams?

The Rexona space would be the logical suggestion as the rear wing and engine cover that Orlens had would probably go to a Latifi chosen brand.

The issue for RokIT Drinks are the F1 rules specifying predominantly the same livery on both cars through ought the season, meaning that it could be hard to advertise the various RokIT brands.

Although there is a ROK Natural Energy energy drink most other RoIT drinks are not RokIT branded.

So although in my mind Williams are nowhere near financial collapse they are starting look like Debenhams (a high street retail chain that got into deep trouble) a few years ago. Yes things are not going well today but we have a lot of history and there is plenty of time to adapt. Yet Debenhams never did adapt successfully, even after Mike Ashley of Sports Direct fame bought just under 30% of the company.

The way that Debenhams was structured meant that the existing board had the support of a few major share holders and were safe in their positions so they just ignored Mike Ashley.

Under UK regulations if you try to buy more than 30% of a company you have to offer to buy all of the shares at their highest price over the last 12 months (simplified version of the rules :-).

If and I know that this is an if, the 2020 car has all the space currently occupied by RokIT and the space currently occupied by Rexona now occupied by RokIT there is very little left to sell elsewhere.

RokIT may very well have saved Williams and we should all be grateful for that, but have Williams had to give up too much space for that?

On the subject of Cyril Abiteboul I suspect that he is safe for a while as the F1 project was at least in part a Carlos Ghosn project and the new Renault CEO Clotilde Delbos is considering the F1 project. Changing the head of a project that you are considering abandoning seems unlikely and with Carlos's problems there may have been less scrutiny on the F1 project than there should have been.

Given that Clotilde has come in and not said yes F1 is vital to us it is likely that some people would see an opportunity elsewhere and consider will I still have a job at Renault in 6 month?

Bye

Ian

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net