Latest news:

2020 Spanish Grand Prix Rd 6. Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Further changes to F1 Regulations approved
Posted by: SydneyF1Fan
Date: 29/05/2020 09:35
Have to agree with you that things look bleak at this point, Ian

Firstly, I think they will struggle to get all of the teams to the grid in Austria and whatever other races they plan this year.

And if they can't get all of the teams and a sufficient number of races/TV income to cover their costs, you have to question if any racing will happen this year.

They seem determined to put on a show (and I hope they do), but I still have my doubts. They may be better off to cut their losses and call it quits for this season. I even wonder whether they'll have any racing until late 2021 with the long lead times required to host a race, but we'll need to see how things pan out.

Then in the medium/long term you have to question the survival of the teams and Liberty itself. The independents are struggling and the manufacturers will question their commitments and budgets, especially if they are forced back to the mid-field teams by budget caps and they're not selling any cars.

I'm sure there are a few billionaires out there with some spare cash, interest in F1 and on the hunt for bargain investments in a post-COVID world. However, it may take a complete implosion of the teams and sport followed by a Phoenix rising out of the ashes before we see F1 racing again.

I wonder if Bernie is out there salivating at the prospect of some bitter-sweet revenge to keep him busy in his nineties?!!!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net