Latest news:

New Concorde Deal could be Unlawful - Adam Parr

By Jay
December 12 2012

Former Williams Chairman, Adam Parr, stated that better deals for top teams in the New F1 Corcorde Agreement could be "Unlawful". 

He said, that Bernie Ecclestone had made it clear to the Williams board that a favourable Concorde Agreement deal would not be forthcoming while he was at the helm.

Speaking to Bloomberg journalist, Alex Duff, he suggested the European Commission should look into how Ecclestone negotiated the new deals, including reportedly $45 million each for Red Bull and Ferrari and seats on the F1 board.

"There's a strong case that an unequal division of power and money to a subset of teams is unlawful," Parr said.

Although refusing to say if he wanted Williams to make a complaint, he suggested other F1 teams accept the situation because they are "highly dependent" on Ecclestone's "goodwill".

View a Printer Friendly version of this Story.

Bookmark or share this story with:

New Concorde Deal could be Unlawful - Adam Parr
Discussion started by Ferrari (IP Logged), 12/12/2012 07:11
Ferrari
Ferrari
12/12/2012 07:11
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Kenji
K1
12/12/2012 09:17
what an interesting turn of events. parr is now muddying the waters and looking for some retribution. about time we had another major stoush, especially in the winter layup.

i do wonder though how parr would explain away the special ‘historic’ payment williams accepted from BE when he was chairman?

MESSAGES->author
Lucifer
12/12/2012 12:27
If this is another $45m on top of what Ferrari already get then something really does stink. If it means that Ferrari are having to split the money they get with RedBull, Luca will @#$%& bricks!

Could be an interesting few weeks,

Kenji
K1
13/12/2012 21:10
so far, almost nothing in the way of comment from any of the teams. not that i expected anything as this will be buried as deep as possible, for the time being anyway.

just how far parr would go is anyones guess?

MESSAGES->author
Lucifer
13/12/2012 21:40
Without clear proof can't really see it going any further.

All it really does is add to what most already thing of the back room dealings of F1.

MESSAGES->author
tamotu
13/12/2012 22:13
Didnt Mclaren also get extra from this new agreement, not just RB and ferrari, and that is what really @#$%& merc of?

MESSAGES->author
Lucifer
13/12/2012 22:27
Well the present agreement from 2009 is still in place. Haven't seen any finalised details for the 2013 agreement yet. Although given that it has 2 weeks to come into force would think it is al but finished.

MESSAGES->author
PHP
14/12/2012 05:26
Why should merc be f$#%# off?

What have they achieved or done in F1 that they deserve more?

Ferrari and Mclaren both have been there since the start of F1, so they deserve a royalty.

Since Redbull have been three times back to back champs, and are rumoured to be paying good $$$ to Bernie, it is just fair that they get back some amount grinning smiley

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1605770765/cricket-bat-and-ball1.jpgCricket India

Kenji
K1
14/12/2012 05:31
i should think that if bernie is being blamed publicly as the driving force in parrs removal from williams then surely parr would be able to back up his claim otherwise what little credibility he has left would be down the toilet.

IMO opinion parr was assuming a ‘mantle’ which he himself had created to paint himself as a much larger mover and shaker of the F1 status quo. now we all know that the bernster is not likely to take that kindly and he did what anyone else would do... a kneecap job in the literal sense. clean, neat and tidy. for the time being!!!

as i said earlier i think that it will all be swept under the table unless parr can get support from the EU to have another look at it and give bernie some more aggravation.

MESSAGES->author
tamotu
15/12/2012 15:10
Merc have been involved in f1 coming up to 20 years,

they agreed to supply engines to teams at reduced prices, the first one to do so, and stepped inot to supply Brawn with engines when no one else was.

They supply the FIA with the medical and Safety cars free of charge

They supply FOM with trucks at a reduced rate, for haulage of all the F1 equipment across europe.

Mclaren have not been there since the start of F1

MESSAGES->author
Lucifer
15/12/2012 17:36
Well Tam, your fact about them stepping in to help brawn is wrong. LDM also offered Ross engines for the year.

They only used MErc because it fitted better into the car they had designed.

MESSAGES->author
Parminio_USA
15/12/2012 19:55
And Mercedes didn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts...nor did Ferrari. They HAD TO. It was already written into the rules that all engine makers had to supply customer engines at reduced cost. All they were looking to do was get a customer. Nothing more.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad230/Parminio/McLaren-Fan-Site-Sig_zpsa459d1ea.gif
New McLaren Fans Forum: McLaren Fans

MESSAGES->author
tamotu
15/12/2012 21:08
First of the reduced engine deals is not written into the rules, it is a FOTA agreement, the teams, especially the manufacturers did it out of the goodness of their heart (plus the logic that a more competitive grid benefits them as well)

Ferrari ruled themselves out of supplying Brawn Link

Mclaren, due to their contract could have blocked Merc supplying Brawn, and they didnt, again a team acting out of the goodness of their own heart.

There is no rule written anywhere that says an engine manufacturer has to supply a team with engines), in fact there is a rule that limits manufacturers to supplying three teams , without the express permission of the FIA to supply more.


But hey ho, what are facts Parm, apart form those annoying little things that you dont bother with

MESSAGES->author
PHP
17/12/2012 03:36
I guess the bigger pies are for the teams who have been in F1, and not just being an engine supplier. As a team Merc only has a few years, and not so successful.

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1605770765/cricket-bat-and-ball1.jpgCricket India

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net